Great start for the i2Eye online conference

Yesterday was a very successful first day for the Innovative Imaging in Eye Disease conference (i2Eye) organized by Paris Eye Imaging group.

We are grateful to the users of the rtx1 Adaptive Optics Retinal Camera for their great presentations.

Michel Paques from the Quinze-Vingt National Hospital explained how cellular level retinal imaging with adaptive optics (AO) enables to further understand the mechanisms of geographic atrophy in age-related macular degeneration.

Then, two talks were about inherited retinal diseases. Kiyoko Gocho reported the latest findings of Nippon Medical School: in retinitis pigmentosa caused by a rare gene mutation, alterations in the cone mosaic could be detected even before visual symptoms started. Melanie Kempf from Tubingen University shared her experience about AO imaging of choroideremia patients after they underwent gene therapy under clinical trial.

Finally, Jelena Potic from Jules Gonin Hospital reported about retinal detachment and how follow-up examinations with the rtx1 enabled assessing the cone mosaic recovery post-operatively.

Imagine Eyes also participated actively during this first day. Marine Durand from the marketing department gave an overview of AO findings in inherited retinal diseases reported with the rtx1 device since its certification. Christophe Rondeau from the R&D department presented the first results obtained with a rtx1 camera modified for imaging the RPE cell mosaic.

The i2Eye online meeting continues today and tomorrow with more talks about Imagine Eyes’ cellular-resolution imaging device.