rtx1™ Adaptive Optics Retinal Camera
World’s first clinical retinal imaging microscope
The rtx1™ enables visualizing the living retina at the microscopic scale. While the optical resolution of every other retinal imaging technique is limited to 15-20 µm, the rtx1’s exceptional resolving power allows to examine details of a few microns in size. Images acquired with the rtx1 reveal previously invisible retinal structures, which are highly relevant to multiple pathological conditions.
The product exists in two different version: the standard rtx1 and the rtx1-e.
Previously unseen retinal structures, now visible with the rtx1
The rtx1 enables examining the following microscopic structures:
- Extrafoveolar cone photoreceptors
- Arteriolar structure: lumen and wall
- Thin borders of macular lesions
- Pores of the lamina cribrosa
- Microaneurisms and microscopic hemorrhages
- Microcystic edema
Additionally the rtx1-e version provides an easy access to the following structures:
- Pores of the lamina cribrosa
- Lumen and wall structure of main arterioles
- Nerve fiber bundles at the disc edge
Adaptive optics imaging made simple
Imagine Eyes has designed the rtx1 in close collaboration with clinicians. This joint effort has resulted in the most easy-to-use adaptive optics instrument ever built.
The device is quickly aligned with the patient’s eye thanks to high-quality positioning mechanics and live visualization of the eye’s pupil. The patient’s comfort is guaranteed by a fast imaging process under low-power infrared illumination. Image acquisition, recording and review are easily operated through clinician-friendly software applications. Click here to read more about adaptive optics technology.
Software applications for the rtx1
- AOimage™ provides an easy interface to acquire and manage the most detailed views of the retina, while operating the adaptive optics correction system in a fully automated way. Read more...
- AOdetect mosaic™ (optional) enables analyzing the cone photoreceptor cell mosaic with a selection of quantitative metrics. Read more…
- i2k retina™ (optional) is the perfect tool for stitching multiple rtx1 images together. Read more…
The rtx1 is an approved medical device in the European Union (CE mark from G-MED, class 2a device), in Japan (Shonin) and in Australia (ARTC approval). In the USA, the rtx1 has not received FDA clearance. It is an investigational device and requires Institutional Review Board (IRB) oversight for use in any research application. Further information should be read in the user documentation.
- For the first time, adaptive optics enables us to visualize retinal neurons –the photoreceptors- and offers totally new options to evaluate retinal therapies. Pr. José Sahel, Hôpital des Quinze-Vingts, Paris
- As much as OCT, Imagine Eyes’ technology is a major breakthrough in retinal diagnostics. Pr. Wolfgang Drexler, Medical University Vienna
- Retinal images acquired with Imagine Eyes’ instrument are the most promising things that I have seen at the American Academy of Ophthalmology this year. Dr. Ben Szirth, New Jersey Medical School, USA
- We no more can imagine further progress in the knowledge and treatment of retinal diseases without the cellular and micro-vascular imaging technique developed by Imagine Eyes. Pr. Philippe Sourdille, Sourdille Ophthalmology Clinic, Nantes, France